Andrea Umbach, Psy.D.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder / Intrusive Thoughts
- Specific and Social Phobias
- Panic Attacks and Disorder
- Stress / Worry / Generalized Anxiety
- Exposure Therapy
- Hair Pulling (Trichotillomania) / Skin Picking / Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Organization / Clutter / Hoarding
- Adults / Teens / Children 10+
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington, D.C.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Distinction, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Post-doctoral Fellowship at Southeast Psych, Charlotte, NC
- Pre-doctoral Internship at Southeast Psych, Charlotte, NC
- Anxiety Disorders Center at the Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
- Behavior Therapy Center of Greater Washington, Silver Spring, MD
- Charles County Department of Health, Mental Health Center, White Plains, MD
- Wheeler and Associates/Total Care Services, Washington, DC
- Americorps Volunteer Maryland/Independence Now, Baltimore, MD
- International Obsessive Compulsive Disorders Foundation's Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI)
- Trichotillomania Learning Center's Professional Training Institute
- Anxiety Disorder Center's Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Program (2016)
- Clinician Trainee Award, Anxiety Disorder Association of America (2012)
- Professional Development Award, Argosy University (Spring 2011, Fall 2011)
- Umbach, A. (2015). Conquer Your Fears and Phobias for Teens. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
- Steketee, G. S., Ayers, C., Umbach, A., Tolin, D. F., & Frost, R. (in review). Family accommodation of hoarding: Assessment and features in an internet sample.
- Tolin, D. F., Villavicencio, A., Umbach, A., & Kurtz, M. M. (2011). Neuropsychological functioning of hoarding disorder. Psychiatry Research, 189(3), 413-418.
- An Introduction to Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Challenging Anxious Thoughts and Worries
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Conquering Clutter: Understanding and Managing Collecting Tendencies
- Creating Flexibility in Your Family
- Organization: Practical Strategies
- Parenting Anxious Children
- Thinking About Your Thinking: Addressing Worries and Intrusive Thoughts
- What Anxiety Wants, What Anxiety Needs